Author Topic: Have lowering question for my spyder  (Read 376 times)

Bob Rey

Have lowering question for my spyder
« on: February 24, 2005, 04:02:00 pm »
Im going to get my spyder gst lowered and I was looking to buy the eibach pro kits but in my search for them all the sites out there say that the spring fitment exclude the spyder gst. They have ones for the spyder gs but none for the gst. I read somewhere that I could use the ones they make for the GSX in my car. Just wanted to know if anyone knows what eibach springs would work. Thanks.

Offline Ritchie Hui

Re: Have lowering question for my spyder
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:47:44 pm »
Quote from: "Bob Rey"
Im going to get my spyder gst lowered and I was looking to buy the eibach pro kits but in my search for them all the sites out there say that the spring fitment exclude the spyder gst. They have ones for the spyder gs but none for the gst. I read somewhere that I could use the ones they make for the GSX in my car. Just wanted to know if anyone knows what eibach springs would work. Thanks.

You can use GSX springs in the GST.  It is like using GSX springs in the RS.

Only thing is the GSX springs are a lil stiffer, so you'd be sitting a bit higher than the advertised height, but thats a good thing.

I have been running GSX/TSi shocks/springs in my ESi/RS for the like 3 years... no probs.
Jackstand Racing now promoted to Garage Queen

Bob Rey

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:02:28 am »
So GSX springs it is. Thanks Ritchie. I don't mind it sitting a little bit higher cuz I already scrape my front bumper as it is with just the blitz kit on it. Kind of worried about the back end as the wheel gap is pretty hideous but i'll get them put in and see how it looks.

Offline Eric Mathews

• http://www.thingsthatgo.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 07:23:11 pm »
call national tire and ask them if it will work, thats where i got my pro kit from for my 1g,
http://www.nationaltirewholesale.com/
(604) 946-5681
they are down on river road.  good luck!
986 MR2
2002 WRX